Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hello Everyone, 
Wasn’t yesterday perfectly glorious? We heard another “Spring” bird. And the flowers have germinated; the tiny petunias are even gently leaning to the side as if promising to stretch their forthcoming profuse vines from plant “infancy”. Cheery welcomes of the Spring!
Mama has a count down on the ‘fridge’ (little pieces of paper each labeled with a number; 8, 7, 6, 5 etc.). She has only 7 treatments left! At first we were going to throw each number away with satisfaction and a flair… but they have Bible verses on them … and perhaps we don’t want to forget cumulative completion just yet, so Mama just flips the top number to the back. I wonder what we’ll think a year from now; will we wince or smile? Maybe both, remembering how God will faithfully test us; refine us as silver is refined… through fire and through water; brought out to rich fulfillment. (Psalm 66:8-12) “From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.”  Psalm 61:2-4
I forgot to credit the hymn I posted last week; it was written by Gloria Roe in 1960, “Be Calm My Soul”. Em plays this on the piano all the time so I hear it running through my mind constantly. The harmony is simply and purely beautiful.
Love to you all and have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment